The Latest News...

*Fairy Garden items...see them here, purchase on Etsy!
*NEW things only available here on the blog...Clutch Bags and Crossbody Purses, Key Fobs, Drink Coasters, Mug Rugs, and Ornaments!
*And as always, I am happy to accept custom orders for whatever creations you might want or need.
Take a look thru the blog to see past creations...if you can imagine it, we can work together to create it!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Congratulations Ali and Craig!

When my husband and I married in 1989, my Aunt Peg embroidered a set of pillowcases for us as a wedding gift. One has fallen apart from use, but I still have the other...it is threadbare and I have no idea how much longer it will last, but I figure nearly 20 years is a pretty good life for a wedding gift, and I have treasured it all these years.

When my baby sister announced that she was to be married, I immediately knew what gift I wanted her to have and thought I would also make the pillowcases as well as embroider them. Well, I have to say, my skills at diaper making are far superior to those of pillowcases! I know, I know, pillowcases are simple!! but, after ruining several yards of OBV in my attempt to make a set of pillowcases, I decided on a purchased set of Egyptian cotton instead. They aren't quite as nice as the OBV would have been, but still are very soft and comfy.

I chose a simple Rosemaling design because they are dainty and elegant and I thought Alison would like it. :) I don't think Alison looks at this blog, so it is safe to post the photo, but just in case she does, I love you both and wish you all the love and happiness that I have had.

0 comments: